Children's Emergency Fund: Every Minute Counts
No one knows when the next crisis will occur.
When it happens – and it will happen – children will be especially vulnerable, and an immediate response will be critical to saving young lives. The Children's Emergency Fund (CEF) is the emergency reserves of Save the Children, helping them to respond during the critical first hours and days after a disaster strikes. Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children.
Numerous crises are invisible to the public every year due to lack of media coverage.
For the children in these crises, the emergencies are just as devastating as the ones which made headlines.
The support of the Children’s Emergency Fund gives Save the Children the flexibility to act quickly and strategically, and to scale up their work in a worsening situation or when long-lasting emergency puts children’s lives in danger.
Thanks to the generosity of fund donors, they can respond within hours, saving lives 365 days a year and reaching children caught up in all types of emergencies, including the ones that aren’t in the headlines.
From October to December 2017, Kuehne + Nagel Singapore contributed S$25 to the CEF for every Air or LCL booking made in Singapore via KN FreightNet. With your support, we've raised more than S$23,000 for the fund.
- Feed 7 children for 21 days.
- Provide a child and her family with a hygiene kit containing a bucket, towels, cloths, soap, shampoo and laundry detergent.
- Provide 15 children with access to medical services in an emergency per day.
- Provide a child with education in an emergency for half a month.
- Provide medicines and supplies to ensure the safe delivery of a baby in a health facility.
- Provide drinking water and sanitation facilities in a child-friendly space for 3 children for month.
- Gives a child access to a child friendly space for a month.